The Campaign to save the Swan has been operational for 1 week today…. I can tell you now that it feels a great deal longer!
We have accomplished so much in this time!
- Leafleted & flyered the West Ward to raise awareness
- Spread information online with the help of the the Ashburnham Triangle Association, the Greenwich Phantom, and Greenwich Forums
- Found out a lot more about the pub’s history and musical connections
- Found out in detail about the plans for demolition and the nature and history of the planning proposals
- Made it onto the front-page of the Greenwich Town Mercury
- Contacted a range of local & national organisations to gather advice and assistance
- Launched this website
Most importantly, we’ve enabled dozens and dozens of local residents to have a say on the future of their area. We have called into question the way the planning system works, and demanded greater protection for historic buildings across the Borough.
For that, we thank you all!